The Journey Begins here…
Your coach asked “where do you want this journey to take you”? Maybe you know exactly where you’re headed, however, most people are only sure that they are not where they should be, either way is fine. Our first step would be to draw a map by gathering information safely stored within you. We know in advance the terrain is rough, the weather is unpredictable, there’s a lot of one-way streets, dead-end streets, and shady people. The road to success is not for the faint at heart. We have to complete a self-assessment to find out what we need to do to get you conditioned for this journey. Are you well hydrated, rested, nourished, in-shape and positive minded? You have to believe it, to achieve it!
The next step can be a little tricky because there is more than one way to skin a cat, yikes. Who made that up, I love my cat. Let’s just say that there are a lot of streets heading in the same direction. We need to create a plan that takes the route best suited for you and avoid some common set-backs.
- Moving fast and going nowhere because we started our journey without a road map, plan and/or direction
- Going the wrong way trying to find someone to join us on OUR journey
- Getting stuck because we didn’t anticipate the possibilities
- Wasting valuable time repaving roads. Most paths are already laid. Unless of course it is your goal to be a trailblazer
An effective life coach should:
- Help you find your purpose
- Articulate your journey
- Craft your plan
- Be knowledgeable on best practices and common pitfalls
- Hold you accountable for staying on track
- Keep you motivated!
By Roberta Blackford – Life Coach
Copyright © 2016 [Defying the Odds, Life Development]. All Rights Reserved.